■Preparations - Carpules
Carpules are disposable ampoules that are inserted into insulin pens or cartridge syringes. The rear end is closed by a rubber stopper that serves as a plunger during administration. The front of the cartridge is closed by a membrane that is punctured during use.
The majority of the carpules are made of colourless or grey glass. Therefore, colour defects may occur due to burns in the molding. These are inspected and rejected before filling.
Shaking and movement of the machine belt can cause bubbles and foam to form in the filled liquids in the carpule. This can affect the detection of the fill level.
If the camera is not directly above the carpule, optical distortion may occur. Camera positioning, distortion-free lenses and software features can compensate for these distortions to avoid incorrect ejection.
Foaming caused by movement on the line can make label detection difficult, especially if the label encloses less than 270° of the carpule and may therefore be facing away from the camera. This is a challenge for inspection systems, especially on wide production lines.
■Recommended system for the inspection of carpules
The most common inspection task that scanware carries out on carpules is the inspection of the integrity of the carpule, the presence of the stopper and, in the same step, the presence of the label. For you as a company, the artificial intelligence-based system for parenterals PATERA Parenterals offers the perfect solution.
Highlights of the PATERA Parenterals inspection system
- Fast product changeover with maximum inspection reliability, as carpule and label are inspected in one step
- The user interface is easy to use and adaptable to the operator on site. This includes automatic learning run, Alert View – central placement of system messages – as well as gesture control
- High-quality colour recognition with up to 2,100 images per minute in up to 16 million colours
- High resolution for optimal recognition performance
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Colour and presence of the plug
- Parallel presence and colour of the label in the same inspection step
Alternative inspection tasks
The SIGNUM Print system can be used for the inspection of codes and plain text on the label for individual labelling inspections.
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.