The CAPA BI station inspects folding boxes that have been combined into a bundle. An inspection of individual folding boxes is also possible.
SIGNUM HR area scan cameras are used for bundle inspection, inspecting 1D and 2D codes for readability and bundle completeness. The IMPERA management system handles the smooth exchange of data.
The print is inspected by area scan cameras with integrated illumination. The method used for reading characters and codes was developed by scanware, is feature-based and optimised for high reading performance. Constant evaluation results independent of the number of character patterns taught in. All common codes such as GS1 and crypto-code are integrated.
Line connection and data exchange
Visualisation takes place on the scanware GUI. When integrated into an existing line, linking with upstream and downstream machines is of course possible.
The handling of read data can be done by the scanware data handler IMPERA. This is fully capable of serialisation and, in addition to serialisation and aggregation, also offers modules for importing and exporting data as well as rework.
■Inspection criteria and objects
- Single folding boxes possible
- Readability of 1D and 2D codes, e.g. Code 128 and DataMatrix.
- Completeness of the bundles
■Advantages of the case inspection
- High camera resolution for optimal results
- Compact add-on solution for easy integration into existing equipment
- High-performance print inspection
- Different inspection positions possible (top, front or rear)
- System customisation to meet customer-specific requirements
- Precise bundle guidance
- High-quality standard components and thus efficient spare parts supply
- Uniform user interface, comprehensible menu navigation and convenient data input
- Robust construction, mobile and ergonomic, and easy to clean
- Wear-free drives due to brushless motors
- Aggregation possible, serialisation through additional components
- The IMPERA management system ensures smooth data exchange
Then please use our contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
■Construction and components of the bundle inspection
Depending on the size of the composites to be inspected, cameras with up to 29 megapixel resolution and integrated SMD-W LED illumination are used. The area scan camera can be installed by scanware in three different positions – top, front or rear. In the “front” and “rear” variants, the camera is installed in a DOM box in each case. In the “top” variant, the camera is mechanically adjustable in height. This allows the size of the recording area to be changed, which can be reduced or enlarged depending on the size of the bundle.
The illumination used in the CAPA BI is integrated in the housing of the station and can be adjusted in 16 brightness levels. The illumination set for a format is stored in the format data record and is therefore reproducible.
CAPA BI is equipped with a conveyor belt (200 mm) to guide the bundles along the installed camera. A pneumatic ejection cylinder enables the bundle to be ejected when an error is detected. To ensure that the bundles are guided in the correct position, a guide rail has been installed. This is also used for tool-free format adjustment (adjustable according to bundle size).