■Codes – Plain text (OCR/OCV)
Machine reading of plain text is indispensable for optimising productivity on the packaging line. This usually goes hand in hand with the use of barcodes and 2D codes. For example, lot and date are encoded in a data matrix, but also printed in plain text. The readability of the characters and codes is then cross-checked.
■Recommended inspection system for plain text
Simple and reliable recognition of plain text requires a modern vision system with fast recognition performance, a wide range of functions and a high level of operating comfort. scanware offers the best inspection system of its kind here with the SIGNUM Print inspection. The method used by scanware is feature-based and calculates a virtual character from all the characters read which are recognised as correct. This virtual character represents the average of all the variants read and thus evaluates them particularly quickly.
Highlights of the print inspection
- The powerful, format-free greyscale system offers high speed, integrated illumination and outstanding software
- Fast evaluation through intelligent character library
- Automatic rotational position detection
- Multiple camera system for inspection of large-area print images
- Automatic learning run and error analysis in format testing as well as mask tracking
- Due to the high computing power, up to 5,000 objects can be inspected
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Presence, completeness, legibility and quality of prints
- Codes, plain text, logos, pictograms
- In the small field area as well as in-line individual printing
- On products such as tablets and insert capsules or packaging such as labels, package inserts, folding boxes, blister cover foils, tubes, bottles, etc.
The print image inspection can also be used on complete film webs such as bag or stick pack machines by using several camera heads
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.