■Preparations - Vials
Vials are a test object that are inspected individually, together with syringes, carpules or ampoules in a mixed blister (tray) or on the labelling machine. They can be filled with solids or liquids, usually in fill quantities up to 200 ml. The vials are closed either with rubber stoppers or aluminium caps with included piercing membrane (piercing vial).
The majority of vials in the medical sector are made of glass. Therefore, deviations in shape as well as staining may occur. Here, inspection of the vials before filling is a possible option.
Shaking and movement of the machine belt can cause bubbles and foam to form in liquids in the vial. This can affect the detection of the fill level.
If the camera is not directly above the vial, optical distortions may occur. These are compensated for, for example, by camera positioning, distortion-free lenses or software to avoid incorrect ejection.
Vials with liquid contents may contain particles in the solution. This is usually inspected during filling to avoid rejects at an early stage and thus improve productivity.
■Recommended system for the inspection of vials
The most common inspection task that scanware performs on vials is the inspection of the presence of the cap and the integrity of the vial in the same step, as well as the presence of the label in the tray. For you as a customer, the artificial intelligence-based system for parenterals PATERA offers the perfect solution.
Highlights of the PATERA inspection system
- Fast product changeover with maximum inspection reliability, as label and vial are inspected in one step
- Software optimised for mixed blisters: vials with solid content and ampoules with associated solvent ampoule can be taught and inspected together
- The user interface is easy to use and customisable to the operator in your company. This includes automatic learning, Alert View – central placement of system messages – and gesture control.
- High-quality colour recognition with up to 2,100 images per minute in up to 16 million colours can reliably inspect even the most demanding product-tray combinations
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Presence of the cap
- Colour of the cap
- Parallel presence and colour of the label in the same inspection step
Alternative inspection task
The SIGNUM HR system can be used for the inspection of markings and plain text on the label for individual inspection on labelling.
Serialisation of data on labels as well as aggregation of bottles and package inserts in folding boxes, bundles and cases is possible with Track & Trace solutions from the CAPA series and IMPERA in combination.
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.