Black & White Inspection
The SPECTRA BW black-and-white blister inspection inspects a number of product-specific criteria of pharmaceutical products – for example presence, position and shape as well as overfilling and broken pieces. The black-and-white system is a cost-effective solution for production lines in the pharmaceutical industry where under-mixing can be ruled out due to technical conditions, such as in mono-lines. Software and hardware can be upgraded to colour blister control at any time for colour detection.
■Inspection criteria and objects
Hard and soft gelatine capsules
- Surface defects
■Advantages of scanware black and white inspection
The system offers outstanding speed and excellent analysis capabilities. All parameters used in the system can be applied simultaneously without changing the speed. For the need of colour detection, the system can be upgraded to the SPECTRA CL colour system at any time.
The black and white inspection can be used in many ways and offers the user much more than a standard application.
During the forming of plastic bottles, the black/white blister inspection inspects the correct edges at the bottle opening and the seam at the bottom of the bottle. The flexible mould is cut off at both ends. Several cameras are used to inspect the cut edges before filling.
When filling bags with powder, contamination and improperly sealed bags occur due to slanted positions. Here, the transfer of incorrect bags into the distribution chain can be prevented by using SPECTRA BW. The camera inspects the position of the bag during filling and triggers an ejection as soon as the bag seat is too inclined.
With monolines, ejection can be reduced by means of a reload control. The SPECTRA BW blister inspection system provides cup-related data so that empty cups can be filled specifically before the blister reaches the sealing station.
Then please use our contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
■Software facts of the blister inspection black & white
The classic of our blister inspections offers a range of software features that increase both ease of use and safety. Here the user is guided in a targeted manner. The basic structure is the same for all scanware systems so that no new training is required when changing systems. Outstanding software functions, such as:
- Machine stops in case of overfill, position error, serial error, etc.
- Partial teach-in runs for product size and greyscale
- Comprehensive audit trail
The teach-in run offers automatic parameter determination. Based on the images and defect images taken, the system calculates a concrete suggestion that the user can adjust as required.
The adaptation of the illumination to the product and film is done by a simple measuring line. The values determined are stored in the format and are thus always reproducible.
The running production statistics offer an evaluation of both the number of ejected products and the reason for ejection and its frequency. In addition, the visualisation of the previous results enables the quick detection of serial errors.
■Technical data - Hardware
- 19 inch construction, 42 TE
- 16 GB SSD hard disk
- scanware-developed frame grabber
- Developed by scanware, with up to 3,000 LEDs per standardised unit
- Incident light, transmitted light, side light or scattered light (diffuse) – freely combinable
- Homogeneous, reproducible and adjustable in 16 brightness levels for optimal detection of colour differences in the sensor and the software
- Colour disks in red, green or blue for optimising the illumination conditions
- 1CMOS camera, Sony
- Camera Link interface for low-interference data exchange of large amounts of data and thus longer cable lengths than USB and FireWire
- Evaluation speed: up to 1,200 images per minute
- Camera resolution: 2,464 × 2,056 pixels
- Colour resolution in 256,000 greyscales