■Preparations - Oblongs
Oblongs as a subgroup of tablets are a common dosage form, especially for medicines that can be dosed by the patient if desired. The oblong tablets often have one or more predetermined breaking points, which simplifies division.
The primary reason for oblong ejection is a break at the predetermined breaking point that occurred during feeding. However, potential incorrect ejection can also occur due to the position in the blister if the oblongs are on their side and thus theoretically appear too small, which would result in high tolerances.
■Recommended system for the inspection of oblongs
For the inspection of presence, integrity, shape etc. of oblongs in the blister scanware recommends SPECTRA CL, the product inspection in colour. For mono-lines, a cost-efficient black and white inspection is also conceivable.
Highlights of colour inspection
- Outstanding speed and comprehensive analysis options
- All parameters can be applied simultaneously – at the same high speed
- Illumination is homogeneous, reproducible and adjustable in 16 brightness levels
- Best hardware and comprehensive software package based on the QNX® real-time operating system
- The system can be upgraded in software and hardware to high-resolution product inspection at any time
- The software feature “X-Y measurement” enables the detection of product position, both upright, horizontal and in between. This makes it possible to work with low tolerances regardless of the position.
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Surface defects
- Serial defects
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.