■Preparations - Powder
Inhalants in particular, but also other pharmaceutical powders, are packaged in small quantities to facilitate the administration of the active ingredients. Since the product is not a solid and the quantities are very small, inspection is of paramount importance to ensure the correct amount of powder.
Loose powder or pellets are filled in small quantities in blisters or discs. Filling can also lead to impurities on the blister and a wide variety of powder distributions in the blister. In addition, impurities can potentially occur in the powder.
■Recommended system for the inspection of powder
The distribution of the powder in the blister must be inspected three-dimensionally. Therefore scanware recommends the use of the 3D product inspection SPECTRA 3D. In combination with the product inspection system SPECTRA High Resolution, impurities can also be detected. The result is a topographic colour image of the blister which enables precise evaluation.
Highlights of the 3D product inspection
- Inspection of smallest quantities with low tolerances
- Different designs for great flexibility
For the inspection of the powder, each image is corrected by the angle of triangulation.
- Mask tracking for correct detection of film position
- Storage of volume data for productivity analysis
- Evaluation of powder cups that are completely filled by stripping. Missing powder is detected by the system.
- Powder in partially filled pockets, for example pellets
- Powder in completely filled pockets
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Contamination of the sealing surface
- Colour and contamination of the powder
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.