■Preparations - Dragees
Sugar-coated tablets and film-coated tablets are a common product form in the pharmaceutical market. Both offer various advantages – the coating can mask the taste and smell of the medicine. In addition, different consumers often find them more pleasant to take. Also, the colour can increase drug safety, protect the active ingredient and provide some gastric juice resistance.
Dragees are often lenticular, which can lead to various colour defects in the colour recognition when tilted. The coating may also show colour stains and small flakes, which are visually unattractive but do not necessarily represent a quality defect.
■Recommended system for the inspection of dragees
For the detection of small colour differences and the inclusion of possible colour shading due to curvature, scanware recommends the blister inspection in colour, SPECTRA CL. If Japan Quality is to be inspected, the use of SPECTRA HR with water cooling is recommended.
Highlights of the colour inspection system
- Very high speed and a variety of analysis tools
All parameters can be applied simultaneously – at the same high speed
- The WLED illumination is homogeneous, reproducible and adjustable in 16 brightness levels
- Best hardware and comprehensive software package based on the QNX® real-time operating system
- The system can be upgraded in software and hardware to high-resolution product inspection at any time
The following criteria can be inspected:
- Serial defects
When upgrading to SPECTRA HR in Japan quality:
- Lacquer defects
- Particles on tablet or lacquer
- Surface defects
With pleasure we arrange an appointment with you for a personal discussion.