Optoelectronical inspection system for the detection of pores and cracks in aluminium foil of up to 1,000 mm width. FOCON is installed between the forming and the filling stations at a right angle to the travel direction of the foil.
If any pores are present, a signal is given to prevent filling and subsequent ejection occurs. The pore detection can run at the speed of up to 1.5 m/s, thus keeping step with all current blister machines.
Due to its internal fault monitoring capacities, FOCON is self-monitoring, continuously checking system integrity. All outputs are short-circuit protected and designed for failsafe operation.
Area of Application
- Detection of pores and microfissures in aluminium bottom foil (formed or plane)
- Detection of pores and microfissures in aluminium lidding foil
For the use on machinery without a guide surface, an adapted mechanics can be supplied to minimise external light influences. This enables the use on stickpack-machines.
- The system can easily be integrated onto any existing blister machine without machine reprogramming, avoiding extensive software re-validation, thus saving valuable time and costs.
- High detection capacity down to 25, 50, 100, 250 or 500 μm.
- Internal shift register optional
- Increases cost-efficiency due to considerably reduced material waste
- Available in widths of 200 to 1.000 mm
- Multi-lingual display
- Neat keypad with four function keys for programming and parameter setting
FOCON is configurable to either one or two zones of detection, depending on the blister machine layout. This unique feature splits the detection area along the central line of the foil material, allowing for discrimination of faulty blister packages. At the same time, material waste due to cracks and pores can be strongly decreased.
Sizes up to 1.000 mm available.
As a stand-alone unit with internal shift register (optional), FOCON is capable of operating independently of the packaging machine. The shift register is easily programmed by the user.